Welcome to the Eugene District OMTA. Active membership is open to all professionals engaged in music education in Oregon. Eugene District OMTA is a very supportive and vibrant group of teachers dedicated to furthering excellence in music education and committed to assisting our members to meet the highest standards of professionalism. We provide quality continuing education opportunities through our monthly lectures, periodic masterclasses and various student festivals and activities throughout the year.
Benefits of Membership
- Monthly local meetings/lectures, open to the public, with emphasis on professional development and teacher forums. Lecture topics range from teaching repertoire, student motivation, business practices and studio policy.
- Teacher referral service (excellent resource for new members looking for students).
- Annual state and national conferences featuring opportunities for networking, masterclasses, solo and chamber performances, and nationally-known presenters on pedagogical topics.
- Subscriptions to American Music Teacher, the professional journal of MTNA and to MTNA e-Journal.
- Eugene District monthly newsletter, Con Brio, and bimonthly issues of the state newsletter, Music News, and the bi-annual Oregon Musician.
- Student and teacher scholarships.
- Student competitions at all levels – district, state and national
- Student performance opportunities – district and state. See the Calendar of Student Activities.
- Awards and trophies based on participation in district and state events.
- OMTA Piano Syllabus: Oregon’s renowned adjudicated curriculum of study including evaluations of 10 levels in technique, music theory, sight reading, rhythm reading and repertoire. Syllabus curriculums are also available for Jazz Piano and String Instruments. See Oregonmta.org for more information.
- MTNA resources including National Certification Program, group insurance plans, discount services at office supply stores and travel companies and more. See MTNA.org/membership-information/ for additional benefits.
Applying for Membership
To join Eugene District OMTA, go to the MTNA website. See the OMTA website for a complete list of Oregon’s state and district fees and categories of membership. If you have questions, please contact Eugene District Membership Chair Genevieve Mason.